Saturday, August 1, 2009

Miles

I have been running a lot lately. More than I probably would ever dream of running because my good friend, Cassi, is training for her 2nd marathon this year. She is amazing... a former non-runner and non-athlete, who started walking with me (and some other friends) after we had Maren and Nora back in 2005. Walking progressed into fast walking, which progressed into a walk/run combo. Finally we gave in and began running. I completed my first 10k race just before getting pregnant with Isabelle. During my pregnancy and baby days of Isabelle, Cassi kept running. Now she is preparing to run her 2nd MARATHON. She is amazing! She puts in lots of miles each week. I have been joining her for some of those miles and it has been a great way to get me back into shape after baby.
Yesterday I ran my longest distance yet - 11 miles! Not a lot for some, but plenty for me. It was hot and I was a bit tired, but I did it. Eleven miles from Sandpoint to Sagle and back. It has been a good challenge for me and a great way to stay active. My goal is to do the Chelan half marathon in September.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Not to late to come over the Tetons :)