Saturday, May 15, 2010

Half Marathon Day

I did it! I just completed my first official half-marathon. And... I survived. My time was even a little better than I hoped for. I finished at 2 hr. 5 min. Erin and Cassi also did great finishing ahead of me (Erin @ 1 hr. 55 min.) and just behind me (Cassi @ 2 hrs. 10 min.). They are great training partners and I wouldn't have gotten past the finish line without them. Come to think of it, I probably wouldn't have gotten to the starting line either!
It was a beautiful day with sunny skies and warm temperatures. We left Sandpoint at the early hour of 5 a.m. to make it to the parking lot by 6:30 and starting line by 7:00. The course follows Spokane river on the centennial trail - starting in the Spokane Valley and ending at Riverfront Park in downtown Spokane. It was a beautiful run.

Here's our great support crew:

The Dad's got all of the kids up, dressed, fed and ready to leave the house in time to cheer us on at the finish line as we completed the race. It was great to see their smiling faces at the end. A big thanks goes Kirk and the girls for supporting me, eating cold cereal instead of a hot breakfast so I can run early in the morning, letting me run during family time on Saturdays during training, and - most of all - being excited for me during the process.

3 comments:

Taeya said...

Nice work Kirsten!!! Sounds like an awesome day!!! Way to go!!

Jeanne and Nelson said...

Your all amazing.

Laurie said...

CONGRATS KIRSTEN!!! That is so cool!!! What an accomplishment!!!