Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Solstice

You can hardly tell it's summer around here, let alone summer solstice. We woke up this morning to a steady downpour with gray and dreary skies. Hardly the summer day I envisioned. I had a day of cleaning, laundry, organization and summer planning in store for us. But when a friend called and invited us to the new Kroc center in Coeur d'Alene instead, I conveniently forgot about all of my obligations and responsibilities. We loaded up the kids and headed down. It's an amazing community center and we had a great time swimming the afternoon away. I don't think the laundry minded being put off until tomorrow!

4 comments:

Annalea said...

I wish we could have come, too . . . but between still feeling blech, and having to be home for the Azure Standard order yesterday, we were home-bound. I'm glad you guys had so much fun. Next time . . .

And remind me to NEVER get into a fight with Krissi . . . she's buff!

Kirsten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

That looks so much fun - I wish I could've been there. Thanks to all of my friends for making sure my kids had a great day while I was home working everything out.

Kirsten said...

Yeah... check out those biceps (strike deltoid!).