Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's

Since the girls spent all last week at Holiday Ski Camp, we decided to take a day off skiing and spend it at home taking it easy. The roads are covered with snow from last week's big blizzard, so we had some fun on new sleds from Grandma.
Kirk pulled us down to the lake with the quad. What a beautiful day!
The lake has frozen over and is amazingly clear and smooth. It's like walking on a very large sheet of glass. I wish I had ice skates! The ice is so clear that you can see everything underneath. The girls found plenty of interesting things, including a fish head and a barrel. It was so amazing!

3 comments:

Mike said...

I spent a day last week ice fishing on a lake up in the mountains above Fairview. There was about 18 inches of snow on top of an inch of ice on top of a foot of slush on top of 5 inches of ice. Next time I even consider ice fishing, I'm coming to Sandpoint.

Laurie said...

This is so cool!Beautiful! My kids keep looking for a frozen lake to walk on after seeing this. We just had our first snow here yesterday. (a mild year for us, so far) I don't think they better try it!

Carol said...

Truly beautiful photos of the lake and family.