Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Conference

Spring in Utah usually brings to mind white capped mountains and green valleys.  Not so this year.  The morning after we arrived, we woke to a fresh coating of snow.  It didn't stop Hannah, Paige and I from driving to Salt Lake to attend our very first live session of General Conference in the conference center.


It was a wonderful session and we had great seats.  The girls listened attentively.  Afterwards, we spent some time walking around Temple Square and taking in the sights.

While waiting for conference to start we had the opportunity to walk around the conference center, people watch and enjoy all of the beautiful artwork.  My favorite piece of art in the Conference Center (by far) is this sculpture by Kraig Varner.  Now, if I only had the $20,000 to purchase one of my own.  Too bad.

1 comment:

Molly said...

I have yet to go to a live session of conference. I need to get there!
I'm so glad you & the girls enjoyed it.