Monday, July 20, 2009

Cherry Vacation

The kids and I arrived in Nibley for vacation just as the Cherries ripened. My parents' two trees were particularly prolific this year. All of the grand kids pitched in and picked for several mornings.
Plenty of Cherries were eaten during the week.
My Mom even helped me bottle some cherries - along with the ones she did for herself and my Sister. She's amazing. Maren turned out to be an excellent pitter.
I am hoping to get my sister's Cherry Breakfast Cake recipe so I can put my beautiful bottles of hard won cherries to good use. Every time we open a bottle of cherries this winter, it will bring back memories of our wonderful summer vacation.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Yum, I am a little jealous about your canned cherries. But the funny thing is that I've never tried one. The reason I want some is not so much for the taste but that President Eyring mentioned canned cherries in a talk and he made them seem like such a special treat. So ever since that talk I have wanted to have that special treat at my house. Yeah, weird I know:)