Sunday, July 19, 2009

Home Decor Overload!

So, while I was in Utah visiting family, I called up my Aunt Cecelia (who is a great resource for anything fun and decorative). I told her I was looking for a wreath for my front door and asked her where I might find one in Logan. She gave me several good ideas, then said... 'You know - we should get a group of girls together and head down to Tai Pan Trading. They'll have exactly what you need'. I had never heard of Tai Pan Trading but, several days later, I found myself lost in a sea of home decor.
If they don't have it, you probably don't need it. The store is about the size of a Costco and filled to the top with everything home decor - lamps, candle holders, vases, platters, clocks, baskets, etc. I was overwhelmed immediately after walking through the front doors. It is really a sight to see. Needless to say, I found several great things to buy - including this great metal basket. I have already used it to gather my vegetables from the garden.
Thanks Aunt Cecelia for the great shopping excursion. Thanks Betsy for taking us to your favorite Thai restaurant. Thanks Mom for driving and Elizabeth for the company and morale shopping support . And a BIG thank you to Bret for watching my girls so I could enjoy an outing diaper and car seat free!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Tai Pan Trading is all the rage isn't it. My mom's friends in Utah adore it too. I still have to make my first visit. But on second thought maybe staying naive might save us a lot of $$$$.