Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Fair

The Bonner County Fair begins this coming week. We love our local fair. Kirk and I enjoy it mostly because it's small - which means easy parking, small crowds and seeing friends and neighbors. The girls love all of the animals and the horse rides and the face painting.
One of Kirk's more recent hobbies (he has many of them) is photography. This past year he challenged our family to submit a photo at the Fair. We've just had them printed and are submitting them today. Here are the photos we've entered. Hannah
'Sophie in the Morning' - domestic animal photography
Kirk
'Sebastian' - wildlife action photography
Kirk
'Green Monarchs' - landscape photography
Kirk
'Half Moon over Hope' - sunset photography
Kirsten
'Toothy' - child portraiture

Kirsten 'Sisters & Best Friends' - family portraiture

Kirsten 'Miss Photogenic' - black and white photography

As you can tell, I didn't get too creative. Just stuck with the standby photos of my kids. But I was impressed with how Kirk has developed his creative side. Hannah, too, was excited and really started figuring out how to use a camera. I'll update our standings after we visit the fair this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love them all, Kirsten. One or more are going to be winners . . . I can just feel it.