Friday, August 20, 2010

Snack Time

Isabelle (who turned 2 in April) is growing up quickly. We are discovering what an independent child she can be. For example, we had this interesting experience yesterday...
I came home to find her walking around the house eating a bag of microwave popcorn. Annoyed that her dad was not supervising the snacking, I started a conversation that went something like this...
me: 'Kirk, why is Izzy eating popcorn in the living room?'
Kirk: 'What popcorn?'
me: 'The popcorn she is dropping all over the house.'
Kirk: 'I didn't give her popcorn.'
me: 'Maren, did you make popcorn for Izzy?'
Maren: 'No, but can I have some too?'
me: 'Izzy, where did you get popcorn?'
Izzy: 'Make it MYSELF' (said really proudly while sticking out her chest)
She then went on to tell me how she found scissors in the drawer to open the packaging with and put the bag in the microwave and turned it on. After the explanation, she popped a piece in her mouth and smiled proudly.
The bag was only half popped, which I thought was quite amazing. She could have easily put it in to for too much time and burned the popcorn. How she figured all of this out after only watching us make popcorn a few times amazes me.
Let's hope she doesn't try to make cookies next!

1 comment:

Taeya said...

That is truly amazing! Most adults burn the popcorn ;)