Saturday, November 6, 2010

Running

I ran 6 miles this morning.

No big deal... I run 6 miles, three times a week.

The difference is that I ran it ALONE.

I have always considered myself a social runner. Sure, my body can do the miles, but I have always thought that, mentally, I needed my running friends right beside me to get through the miles. I have had some great running partners. They keep me talking, encourage me and push me.

This morning I didn’t have any running partners. So I put my earphones in and took off. It felt great to get home after running hard and knowing that I did it on my own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, Kirsten. Although I love running with friends, some of my most satisfying runs have been solo. Keep it up.

Molly said...

Sweet picture. That image makes me want to run!

I forget how rewarding it feels AFTER you exercise. It's getting myself out the door that's the problem. Awesome post, Kirsten. You are in awesome shape!