Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Rosie

For Memorial Day weekend we packed up and headed to Roosevelt (a.k.a. Rosie) on the Columbia River for some camping and kite boarding.  A lot of Kirk's family joined us so it was also a sort of family reunion.  Besides having good wind every day of our trip, here are our favorite parts...

Izzy
The swings.  Swimming. Playing with Grandma.


Maren
Playing with Grandma and cousins.  Not swimming - because I couldn't, because I hurt my foot and couldn't get it wet (hence the wetsuit booties).



Paige
Finding old friends, making forts and hideouts.


Hannah
Flying the trainer kite, playing an impromptu soccer game.


Other highlights...
Watching most of the kids, Uncle Rick, Aunt Judy and especially
Grandma Hyde (she is 92 yrs. old) fly the trainer kite.


 
  


Kayaking



and (of course) Cousins

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Great post. Thanks for a great trip. We really should so another at the Gorge. Summers are to short! Since I forgot my camara I think I'll just set up a link to your blog to show off our trip :).

Molly said...

Awww, wind. Mike has kites we'd love to use but there's no wind here!
Looks like a great weekend.