Monday, February 20, 2012

A New Look

Have you ever seen my floral chairs?  We purchased them (along with a couch) several years ago to fill up an empty living room. It was the first time we had ever purchased 'new' furniture from a real, live furniture store. 


After living with them for a number of years, I was ready for a change.  I still love them.  They are smaller scale than most modern furniture you find in the stores.  I can actually fit two of them in a small space and they are super comfortable.  But I wanted to have the option of changing looks - without the cost of new chairs.

That's where my good friend, Cassi Campbell, came into the picture.  She has been doing amazing things with her sewing machine - creating custom slipcovers for just about any couch, chair, cushion, ottoman or other upholstered furniture.  She is amazing.  Check out what she did with my chairs...


Natural twill with knife edge pleats at the bottom and plenty of piping.  She made them just the right length so that the chair legs still peek out.  I love the new look.


I've washed them twice, and they still look great!


I made the red pillows for Christmas, but I've left them on because I like them so much.  What do you think?


If you've got some furniture that is a little tired and in need of an update - check out Cassi at Piping and Pleats.  She can give you a great new look with a custom slipcover!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

very fun Kirsten. it looks like she did a great job. and your pillows look great too. always fun to have a fresh change!

Verna said...

Love it! They look great! I recently purchased 2 in not to bad of shape chairs from Goodwill with the plans of slipcovering them eventually. I watched a blog post from Miss Mustard seed about how to slipcover. who knows when i'll ever get around to doing it though!

Molly said...

Fabulous! Love those pillows, very clever.