Monday, April 30, 2012

Farm Update

There has been a lot going on at the farm these days.  Kirk has been busy totally re-doing the electrical and plumbing.  The exterior of the house is being insulated and siding should go up in a few weeks.  I can't wait to see that!  For now, we are the pink house on the street.  That's Daniel putting up insulation.  We've kept him busy for the last few months with all of the remodeling.



Rosemary and Vern have been here for a few weeks.  We have loved having them and they have been hard at work.  Rosemary helped me move the old raspberry patch to new rows.  She is also helping me plant blueberries.  Three rows of raspberries and three rows of blueberries should be enough to keep my fruitarian children happy.  I suspect we will have to invite all of our friends over to help us keep up with all of the fruit.  Davidson U-pick anyone???



While we have been doing fruit - Vern has been busy plowing the old horse pasture (sorry, no pictures).  We will re-plant it to get rid of weeds and revitalize it.

I don't think I've posted a photo of the new garage doors that were installed over the winter.  Even without siding, the front of the garage is really looking better!  Pretty soon we'll have concrete poured inside.  After that some new windows and siding and it's transformation from a dirty carport to a fully functional garage will be complete!

6 comments:

Michael Boren said...

I don't recognize it, wow.

Carol said...

It is looking really good. You have been working hard.

Verna said...

how exciting! can't wait to see it in person some day!

Cassi said...

Very exciting. It is looking great. I can't wait to "book" a night.

Mike said...

Looking great. I just planted three raspberry canes and though I had accomplished something!

Molly said...

Buckets and buckets of fresh raspberries and blueberris, ahhh now that sounds nice.
It looks like you all have endless energy! The Farm is looking great!