Sunday, April 1, 2012

Fruit


We were lucky enough to have the Whitby's visiting us this weekend.  They were nice enough to help us at the farm with our overgrown, neglected orchard.  


They spent Saturday pruning and cleaning out more than 20 trees! Thanks to their experience, knowledge and (most of all) muscle they were able to accomplish something that Kirk and I could never have done on our own.


I wish I had some 'before' photos so you could see the amazing transformation. Believe me, it is truly a HUGE change and we are so grateful for the help. The trees look a little naked now, but I'm sure they'll appreciate it in the long run and I can't wait to see them this summer with a little green on top.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

What great friends. I wish I could be there to see your orchard this summer too. What kind of trees do you have?

Annalea said...

Such a transformation . . . I saw the trees at 8:30, on our way out to paint our place, and then in the late afternoon when you were done. The trees looked like an elevated bramble thicket before, and now there's lots of light and air for every branch. Can't wait to see what happens this year. :o)

Mike said...

I know own two pair of leather gloves after pruning our two cherries, one apple and one plum tree without gloves. Two pairs, just in case I misplace one. I'll never touch the plum tree without gloves again. I'm curious too, what fruit will you be eating this summer?

Kirsten said...

Red plum, yellow plum, red plum, yellow plum, yellow plum, yellow plum, yellow plum, yellow plum.
Oh yes, a few apple, a pear and two cherry trees. And a few more plum trees.
Prunes anyone?