Tuesday, December 1, 2009

No Sugar - DAY 1

Actually, it is technically day 2. But since I couldn't help myself and ate a cinnamon roll that I had made for FHE last night, I decided to adjust my start date. Cassi, you were right, I was foolish to think I could resist.
Starting what, you ask? Two weeks without sugar. Crazy, I know. But I am trying to eat healthier and loose those stubbornly remaining baby pounds. My friend, Cassi, and I decided we would forgo sugar for two weeks. I am not cutting out every ounce of sugar, but trying not to eat foods with high amounts of refined sugars. No candy, cookies, sweet breads, jam, syrup, chocolate, etc. Fruits and naturally occurring sugars are OK.
This is going to be hard for me. It is the Holidays. I love chocolate and baked goods. Hey - I love to bake. But I am curious to see if I can make it. Today, at least, was a success. I even wrapped Christmas gifts for Kirk's employees which included bags of chocolates (their favorite) and Christmas candies. I resisted. My stomach rumbled, but I held fast. It may be that I have a reserve of sugar built up from everything I consumed over the Thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully, that will carry me through a little longer.

2 comments:

Taeya said...

I am cheering for you!!! And don't worry, I will eat enough sugar over the next two weeks to keep the sugar industry going!

Anonymous said...

Kirsten! I passed up pumpkin pie last night because I knew you were resisting cinnamon rolls! So, trudge on - we can do it - thanks for running with me. I am missing the sugar, though . . .