Saturday, January 16, 2010

Birthday Girl

Happy Birthday Maren! I can't believe you are already FIVE years old.
Time has flown since you came to us on a stormy January evening. You are so lovely with your beautiful skin and your thick, full-of-body auburn hair. I love the way you show all of your feelings in your face. You have some of the greatest expressions which makes you extremely photogenic.
And even though sometimes I ask for a little 'quiet time', I love that you are constantly chatting with me, asking questions, and telling me about your day. 'My little helper' is a good description of you - as you are always asking what you can help me bake or cook or clean. I will miss you when you go off to Kindergarten this fall. But you are my child that is the most ready and eager to spend the day actively engaged in projects and learning. I am so glad to have you as my daughter. This next year will be fun to watch as you continue to grow and change.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Maren! We love you!