Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Nativity

Yes, I know, Christmas is over. But I love my house filled with Christmas decorations. I love the tree, the lights in the windows, the stockings on the mantel. I am always reluctant when New Years arrives and I feel that pressure to put everything away. I think - maybe if I leave everything up just a little longer, those great feelings of Christmas will continue.
Well, today Christmas is officially over at the Davidson's. I am determined to take everything down, get everything put away, tidy up and move on to the new year.
2009 was the year of the Nativity. We have several new nativity sets at our house and I have really enjoyed them this year. I thought I'd share some with you. Santa brought this one to Izzy. It saw lots of playtime from all of the girls and has quickly become a favorite...
This Mama says... nativity collection came from my Mom. Each person received a different piece for their Christmas gift. I thought it was a great gift idea and we all love our own special part of the nativity.
This was a new nativity set I purchased at an after Thanksgiving day sale. I love the pastel colors and the silver trim. The figures are quite tall and have a beautiful form.

This special nativity was a gift from Aunt Betsy back when Hannah was a baby. It is hand made and so special. The figures have seen lots of love over the years. That's why the shepherd girl doesn't have any hair, the baby Jesus isn't wrapped up quite right and bits and pieces of the clothing has gone missing or been interchanged. It has been well loved and well used. Thank you Betsy!

And finally, the classic Willow Tree nativity. This was our first real nativity set and I still love it.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Kirsten- I'm impressed with all the nativity sets. The only one we own is the fisher price one that my mom gave to the boys a few years ago. Looks like I better go shopping . . .

Kirsten said...

Jenny, the reason we have the fisher price set is because the girls played with it so much at your house. So, Thanks for the idea!

Molly said...

Beautiful post. I love all your nativity sets. I had a hard time taking mine off the mantle after Christmas was over this year. Like you said, there is a wonderful feeling with Christmas.
We have a few snowmen and sparkly snowflakes up now. I guess Christmas can't last forever, but I'm definitely looking forward to Christmas 2010!