Saturday, January 23, 2010

Woot Woo Hannah!

Introducing the Lake Pend Oreille School District 4th Grade spelling bee winner...
Hannah Davidson
As the competition began Paige commented - 'Mom, this is great! It's just like Dancing with the Stars. They have judges with a table and papers and everything!'. Hannah out spelled 13 other 4th graders from around the school district. When it came down to the last few spellers, she got stuck on RECYCLABLE, but the other remaining 4th graders also missed their words. When it came down to the final two Hannah was neck and neck with Sam. But in the end Hannah came out ahead. She won on the word BEIGE. She said she knew how to spell it because she had read it many times in her horse books where they describe the color of the horses. Just goes to show you the best preparation for a spelling bee is lots of reading! Hannah now goes onto the Regional Spelling Bee in Coeur d'Alene on March 20th. I'm sure we'll be practicing lots of spelling words between now and then! If I ever figure out how to download my video, I'll post a video clip.

3 comments:

Loughmiller's said...

FABULOUS!!!! I bet she can spell better than me. I was more of the math, science child, and spelling was not easy for me. It is always fun to see children do well in life!

Mike said...

Hannah! Great job. You must read great books to know such challenging words. You'll do great at the regional bee!

Taeya said...

Congratulations Hannah!!! Way to go!!!