Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Training

If you look at the month of January on the calendar, what does it bring to mind?? Possibly some skiing, sledding, ice skating, snowman building, etc. Maybe even Martin Luther King? At least, those are the things I think of. So, when my running buddy told me it is time to start a training schedule for a half-marathon in May, I was a little shocked. Running - in January??? How odd.
But she was right. If you look at our training schedule and count backwards from May 15th (the date of the Windermere Marathon in Spokane) you realize that week 1 training starts THIS WEEK.
It is too slick and icy in Sandpoint to run outside (at least early in the morning), so I am left my only option - the dreaded tread mill. This morning I ran an hour interval run at the Gym. Not bad, but I sure hope the ice melts before those long runs appear on the schedule!
If anyone is interested in running with me - check out the Windermere Marathon in Spokane. It would be great to have you join us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, come on - you're loving every minute of it! . . . . it was pretty painful, wasn't it?